Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hi Sockpal! I don't mind waiting until mid-to-end May for my socks, I understand busy schedules! Whichever way is best for you.

I got my job back at the Fort this summer, and although I was supposed to start in about two weeks, in fact I'll be starting back on Monday since they desperately need someone in costuming. Peter tells me that he's trying to work out how to get someone else in there with me, because that is a full-time job for 3 people, not just one (something I can completely vouch for).

After finishing the sweater (pictures today I really hope!) I'm feeling a little lazy about knitting, so I'll maybe be knitting a Kitty Pi, and doing some sewing. Since I need a nice dress for grad I'm going to try sewing two. I have a really nice black and white cotton floral print to make this dress, and a soft, silky lilac polyester to make this dress. I'm not worried at all about the black dress, since it's cotton and cotton is easy to sew. However, I'm slightly more worried about the polyester, just because it's very slippery. However, I have sewed with slippery fabric before (bridal weight crepe-back satin!) so I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll just go slow and careful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have found that polyester sews like a dream, sheer fabrics are the ones I have trouble with. The only tricky thing is the hem.

Gloria