Tuesday, June 28, 2005

River Rapids Socks

I've decided to make my sockapal2za's socks in Sock Bugs River Rapids, using the Regia below. I just love the colours! They're awfully bright, but hopefully my sockapal2za pal will like it. She said to surprise her, and her favourite colours are the same as mine. I guess I'll find out, huh?

Actually, now that I think about it, I might wait before casting on for a few days. I adore the colours they've used in the example, and we're going to Minneapolis for a the weekend so I'll be able to get my hands on other sock wool. Maybe I can find something more river-y. What I might do is cast on, but keep the socks in the Regia for me, and make they socks for my sock pal in another yarn.

Dryden was good, Sean and I had a lovely time enjoying the sauna and lake. We saw funnel clouds on the way home though, quite frightening! It was very close by, and we were worried we'd be caught by it, but it dissapated again right away so everything turned out fine after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo - neon colors! Well I know if I'm your sock pal I would love that yarn! Can't wait to see how they turn out.