Monday, May 08, 2006

A sad post

A little girl I love was just recently diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I'd really like to do something for her, and I can't decide whether to knit an afghan or sew a quilt. I want to do something for her older brother as well, since his life is also going to change. Since CF treatments mean a lot of one-on-one time, he's going to be learning to play alone a little bit more (since he doesn't always do that much of that right now).

I'm thinking a quilt would be really fun, especially since I can personalize it with fabrics that she'll like, plus it'll come together a LOT faster than an afghan!

I'm leaving in the morning for Winnipeg for my interview, so hopefully it'll go well. I should probably go back now...I'm staying up until 12:30 so that I can do the WestJet online check-in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the quilt, something like the one Trudy made you when you were little,

Mom

Sam said...

A friend of mine has discovered a year ago that her 12-yr old daughter had CF too. Well - let's just say it has still some effects and they are not at all over the changes in their lifes.. And they are kind of lucky as she has not been so sick... yet ! Maybe we should start something..

Elizabeth said...

How'd the interview go?? Inquiring minds (and loving friends!) want to know!