Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So I'll be making Nordic patterned mittens from this book for the Knitting Olympics. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use yet, but it calls for worsted weight. I have a big skein of Cascade Eco Wool in a cream colour that I might dye to use as the accent colour, with a navy or black background.

I also have another FO to add, although no (nice) pictures of it. The boy is looking very weird in the pictures, since he doesn't always like having his picture taken and therefore looks like a deer in the headlights. But it's a pretty basic brown-black boucle scarf in a 3x1 rib.

I also got a new coat today. The red wool peacoat that the Gap had this winter, with a beautiful purple faux silk lining, was on sale for $60 from $180. I need a new winter coat, since my old pea coat is over 5 years old and too big. It had too much room inside, and consequently was very cold since the wind rushed up inside. Now I have a GORGEOUS new red coat. Pictures to come I hope.

1 comment:

Aimend said...

What a great jacket! I'm trying to work my way through some stash yarn, before I have to move it all again, hence the sweater. If nothing else, I'll get a good start on it :)