Monday, February 14, 2005

Sockapalooza Again

I just got a comment from Alison on my sockapalooza socks, so here's my reply:

Thanks! I did enjoy making these! I ripped the second sock back a few times before completing it because I tried adding first a cable, then some heart lace down the instep, but this wool didn't lend itself well to that so I ripped it back. I also ended up picking out the ribbing on BOTH sock because it was too loose, then I re-knit it on US 2's (the socks were done on 3's). I had to fix my BO edge THREE TIMES on the first sock because I kept doing it so tight that I couldn't get the socks on my feet! Ah well, practice.

In other news my Norma-Sophie bag is going well, I'm at row 30 and I'll be doing a total of 42 or 49 (depending on where my hand-painted runs out). I'm not sure what to call it, because it's so varigated. I'll put up a picture pre- and post-felting soon.

The pneumonia still has its heels dug in, I feel like I've just run a marathon every day. Hopefully it will be gone soon!

No comments: