Friday, February 18, 2005


This is my front yard right now. That little black spot in the foreground is a ball of Sirdar Country Style DK (see below). In other words, that's a lot of snow. That's like almost 3 feet of snow. I'm 153 cm (about 5'3") and the snow comes up to my hips. According to The Weather Network there's about 50cm of snow on the ground, but that's at the airport where things blow around and compact more. I'm pretty sure there's more than that in my front yard. The snow pile in the background is what my parents have taken off the driveway this year. Instead of making banks you have to lift the snow on, they use snow scoops and drag it over to the edge of the yard and dump it. Those snow piles are about as tall as I am.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Yikes that is a lot of snow!! Nice job on your projects. The monster slippers are HUGE. Post pics when you are done felting.