Sunday, February 20, 2005

Hi! First some answers to comments, then the meme from Norma.

Amelia, I just finished felting my monster slippers, and I will include a picture soon :) I left them at my parents house so I'll have to get them to take a pic and send it to me. They didn't turn out like I thought they would, they felted a little weird. I'll elaborate more once I have the picture up!

Andrea, I have thought about it and I don't think I'll switch. I've been knitting (sporadically up until this summer) for almost 4 years, so I don't think I'll switch. And I did decide to use the DK for Rogue! Hopefully it works well :D

Violet, oh boy yes it is a lot of snow! But this is our normal amount, the kind I remember getting as a kid. And to speak of the devil, we just got more here. MORE!

Da Meme
Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?
English. I've debated switching but so far, decided against it.

How long ago did you learn to knit?
My Grandmothers both tried to teach me a few times, but I was really bad for adding stitches everywhere. My "scarf" was shaped like a bowl. Then in my first year of University my boyfriend and I had just broken up and I went to visit my Aunt Jean for Easter. She taught me, and this time it caught! I've been knitting since then, but only "seriously" since this summer - I've had lots of time because I've been ill a lot in the past year.

Who taught you how?
Um, see above. A combination of my Grandmothers and Aunt Jean.

What was your first FO?
Slippers - they're laced, and come up to my mid-calf.

Favorite yarn?
I really like the Sirdar I've worked with, but I like anything in bright colours, even some of the TLC acrylics!

Favorite pattern you’ve knit so far?
Thrummed mittens were fun, but I really like the fuzzy feet from knitty.com

Favorite pattern source?
The internet! And the library :)

Favorite needles?
I really like working with aluminum ones....but no favourite brand.

Nicest thing you’ve ever knit
The fuzzy feet and Gryffindor scarf turned out wonderfully, so did my sockapalooza socks:)

Most hated project
I don't really hate any of my projects, but the Hatmione and Monster Slippers didn't turn out well.

No comments: