Saturday, October 01, 2005

Clown Stripe Socks


I did finish the one sock, it's the first time I've done a toe-up pattern. I used the figure of eight cast-on, which I quite liked. I wasn't quite so fond of the short-row heel though, I wish I could figure out how to use a heel flap with toe-ups. Anyone know how? I also had to re-knit the sock once. I didn't check guage for once in my life, and the knitting gods got me for it. I did the complete heel before bowing to the fact that it was much, much to big for me. I ended up making the child's medium size instead of the woman's small. That's two sizes different!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I have no useful ideas for doing a heel flap when you're making a toe-up sock. I will say that I'm the opposite of you - I prefer the short row heel because it's faster, easier, and uses less yarn. But that's just me :)