Saturday, July 28, 2007

Not much new

Not much new here, more work going on in the outrageous heat of Red Lake. I've being working on my sockapalooza socks some more (sorry Linz, no pictures still!), especially while I'm scanning.

I also want some suggestions for first dance songs for the wedding. Sean and I are wanting something older, like 40's-50's. Sean is not really a fan of Elvis Presley, nor of Frank Sinatra, although I'm not sure on his feelings about covers. My ideas so far:

"Fools Rush In" - a cover if I can find it
"Love Me Tender" Norah Jones
"LOVE" Michael Buble
"Fever" Michael Buble


As you can see, two are Presley and one is Sinatra :P Any other ideas?

I also need ideas for the Processional and Recessional. No wedding marches! Sean's a fan of Pachebel's Canon, but I really really don't want to use that one. I'd really like to use something by Bach and or Handel.

The new Interweave Knits Fall 2007 is up, and there's a few things I want to make: Dickinson Pullover, Tangled Yoke Cardigan, Cobblestone Pullover, Snowflake Socks, Sweetheart Vest (I'll add sleeves), possibly the Mirepoix Bodice once I can see the schematic. In all, enough patterns to make it worth my while to buy the magazine.

What would YOU like to make?

PS The last dance? "Moondance" by Michael Buble. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Processional, mendelsohns's "On Wings of Song"

Mom