Sunday, February 04, 2007

Silent Poetry Reading

I missed the date of the Second Annual Bridgid in Cyberspace Poetry Reading which was on Friday, but here's a few offerings from me:


Winter Twilight

A purple velvet descends
crisp and soft
dark and light

dark shivering pines frame the moon
silent and upright
stalwart sentinels announcing the quiet arrival of their majesty



Nameless #3

Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub, and who do you think they be?

The Grim Reaper, Soul seeker, and who would’ve thought

That the third person in there was me!

We were adrift and bobbing, upon the briny sea,

With seagulls all around us, and ‘ner a shore to see.

Now Grimy had ideas, a plan to save us from the drink,

“Since there’s no hope” he said “why not, pull the plug and sink?”

And God would not be left behind, he had ideas too,

“Good things come to he who waits! We’ll be rescued through and through.”

And as I sat a’ thinking, to go with God or Grim

An octopus appeared and told me I could go with him!

The moral of this story, as it is plain to see

When facing rocks and hard places, take option number 3!

Rub-a-dub-dub, two men in a tub, and who do you think they be?

The Grim Reaper, Soul Seeker, and who would’ve thought,

That the one to escape was me!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous new layout!! Love it. And I remember that poem from poesis. You have a way with words, ducky.

Anonymous said...

"Now Grimy had ideas, a plan to save us from the drink,

“Since there’s no hope” he said “why not, pull the plug and sink?”"

I don't understand...how does pulling the plug and sinking save you from the drink...it would in fact send you into the 'drink' and you would die from it...I am so confused...I hate poetry...not your in particular, but any poetry...

have a good one and stay warm!