I got tagged by Dorothee:
THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
1. I organize my books by series, author, size, and subject on my bookshelves.
2. I write my class notes in two different colours, and a different set of colours for each class. For example, my Geochemistry class is written in dark blue and highlighted with orange. I use Staedtler pens, since they have awesome life, colours, and fine lines.
3. I don't like staying in bed for long after I first wake up, it makes me feel guilty and lazy (even if I'm still tired). I think this is because I come from a family of exceptionally early risers, and my Dad is often up at 6 even on weekends.
4. I must read at least a chapter of a book every night before bed, because I'll have trouble falling asleep otherwise. I need to read something that I've read before, so that it's easier for me to put the book down and not keep reading!
5. I hum, whistle, or sing a great deal of the time, particularly when I'm around my sister. I also do it at work, once I feel comfortable in the environment, and also walking between classes or to the bus stop. This sometimes makes people look at me funny.
6. I have trouble sleeping without some weight on me, like a comforter or a quilt. I think this is because I have a LOT of nightmares, both now and as a kid, and when I would wake up from them I'd only feel safe if I had a comforter (sheets weren't good enough) covering me. I am a big fan of the "Far Side" cartoon which involves a boy completely hiding under the covers of the bed, surrounded by monsters. He is breathing through a snorkel, and the caption is "The monster snorkel allows your child to breathe comfortably without exposing any body parts".
Bonus! 7. I get the heebie-jeebies/shivers from the following things: the squeaking sound of snow when it's extremely cold, touching velvet or velveteen, cutting styrofoam, and eating those freeze-dried marshmallows (ew!) in some kids cereals. However, I do NOT get them from fingernails on a blackboard. Go figure.
ETA: I tag Angela and Elizabeth to do this meme. I'm not doing six people, because I don't feel I know the blog owners of the blogs I read well enough to tag them for a meme :)
To answer a comment I got about my being in Winterpeg and my new degree pursuits:
I didn't get my Geology degree at Lakehead because of a combination of transfer credit problems and me getting mono, which forced me to quit for one semester. Since I was "stuck" there for another year, I decided to get an English degree, since I was considering going into Education afterwards and teaching High School.
In my first year there, I met my fiance Sean. He lived in Winnipeg for a number of years and his family lives there, so when I was applying to various Education faculties I applied to U of M too, since we thought living in Winnipeg might be nice for awhile. I got into education there, but in the summer realised I'd like to continue in Geology (and I had very high marks in it), so I switched to Geology and am finishing my degree in that. It is an Honours degree, with a thesis. I will be done at the end of next school year, and will then have 3 degrees: B.A. English, Honours B.Sc. General, and Honours B.Sc. Geological Sciences.
Now, I need to either get back to cleaning the apartment (the bedroom is clean, that just leaves the kitchen, bathroom, and living room...), finishing the quilt, or going out to buy the beer I need to make Guiness Beef Stew.