Sunday, October 01, 2006

Finally...

Pictures of stuff I've finished. Minus the panta I just made (don't you wanna, wanna panta), since it's buried in my backpack and I don't feel like digging it out.


The pencil case I made to hold all my structural geology gear: a navigational protractor, erasable pencil crayons, TI-83+ graphing calculator, 0.5mm mechanical pencil and leads, Staedtler MARS eraser, and geometery set. It's made from fabric I got at Value Village which is quite heavy (like upholstery weight canvas) and lined with scarlet stretch twill. The button is also from Value Village.


My finished Scandi mitts. Unfortunately you can see that the second/third right (since I screwed up the first) is smaller than the left. I think thought that some blocking will help take care of that. Nonetheless, I love them.

Oh, and to the anonymous poster who said "What wedding dress?" you see, wedding dresses are a special gown typically worn by the bride when she's getting married. Since Sean and I are getting married in the somewhat near future, I have started keeping a tentative eye out for styles I like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karlie,

I love the mittens (I need some of those way up north here)! All of your projects are so beautiful.

I just remembered this afternoon that you had a blog and thought I would check it out.

Congratulations on the engagement, I am so happy that you found someone so special. You deserve it.

Hope school is going well for you (my master's is making me crazy). How long will the geology degree take?

Who is your anonymous poster? They obviously have some issues.

Hope all is well, and email me sometime when you get a chance.

Marcia