Here's my answers to Tiffany's contest for her leftover hand-painted sock yarn.
- favorite fall book to read: I like reading Harry Potter, since I first read it in the fall. Plus, all but one movie have come out in the fall-winter!
- favorite fall soup to eat: my Mom's potato leek soup - Mom, please e-mail me that recipe, by the way.
- favorite fall stew to eat: Beef Burgundy, ie a rich beef stew with a wine base, with turnips and carrots and potatoes. Either that or the beef and Guiness stew from O'Beirne's pub in Edmonton. It's the first time I've ever loved mushrooms.
- favorite healthy muffin recipe: blueberry! From the Betty Crocker Red Book.
- favorite fall tree: I think Tamaracks are really neat, since they're deciduous confiers. Really! To quote my favourite guidebook "As a deciduous conifer, tamarack is somewhat of an ecological puzzle since it sucessfully lives in what is normally considered an evergreen world". I also like Moose Maple* though, since it turns red (the only native tree that does up here).
# favorite fall knit: Mittens, socks, and ponchos. They're needed for warmth!
*um, what mountains? I don't see any mountains here. Or in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, for that matter (In fact, Saskatchewan mountain is a great example of an oxymoron)